Introduction The term CSRS basically describes business behaviour and is a combination of commercial objectives, meeting legal requirements and also to have a positive social impact. Having a formal policy helps us focussing on What is important to our business and How we want people to view our Company. The main objective of CSRS policy is to lay down guidelines for PHL to make CSRS a key business process for substantial development for the society. PHL will act as a good corporate citizen.
SCOPE Core values of the business are reflected in the personal values through CSR policy. This has the support of everyone connected with the company, Along with a top down commitment towards bringing the much needed changes in business culture. Also involvement of all the stakeholders may be reflected by:
Employees - The face of the Company.
Customers - Dealing with the customers is an important aspect for us. In terms of CSR we try finding out what is important to them. Continuous interaction provide us the platform to know their altering opinions and sharing the same values.
Our Suppliers - Getting and remaining aware of vendors' policies and quality and environmental controls.
Our Community - View of local people towards company and impact of business on the community is taken into consideration.
IMPLEMENTATION The field areas where PHL CSRS is policy to be implemented may be decided keeping in view:
- The Guidelines provided by DPE, if any
- Legal requirement, if any
- The aims and Objectives decided by the Organisation
- Vision of the Organisation
POSSIBLE AREAS OF ACTIVITIES : Each project selection shall be based on Corporate Vision along with keeping in view the impact on environment, society and embedded organizational benefits. Some of the activities/project suggested are as follows:
- Health (Medievac, Casevac_)
- Promotion of Sports & Games (Heliport at Akshardham)
- Relief to victims of Natural Calamities like earthquake, cyclone, draught and flood situation in any part of the country
- Setting up of skill development centres PHTI-WR, NIASS-NR)
- Disaster Management Activities
- Serving the Metros for faster commutation/Decongesting the Metros
- Helping the handicaps and old to reach inaccessible areas/pilgrimage
Interpretation and coordinating plan of each project may be designed by the concerned implementing team. The broader lines may be advised by the Management to keep consistency in view.
ORGANISATION STRUCTURE/FLOW CHARTS FOR CSR POLICY
METHODOLOGY Methodology to be followed for each activity will follow the under mentioned steps:
- Preparation of action plan
- Long term plan split into shorter plans with specific time frame, budget and milestones of the particular period
- Selection of specialized agency
- Awareness Generation Conducting baseline survey
- Continuous monitoring by specially created mechanism
- Evaluation by independent external agency
Out of these Steps 1,2 and 4 will be processed individually for each activity whereas Steps No 3,5 and 6 will be processed jointly for all activities selected by the Management.
Steps to be followed for monitoring of each project/activity will be as follows:
- Discussions on implementation by Board
- Insertion of separate chapter in Annual Report
- (CSR guidelines to form a part of MOU)
- (Keeping in view the ever changing trend of society monitoring of impact of the project will be evaluated.)
MEASURING THE IMPACT
An integrated approach may be adopted to establish links between CSR policy and other existing company policies to ensure non-conflicting aims. Following measures may be adopted to quantify the activities adopted for CSR policy.
- EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION; AND
Last Updated on: 12th March, 2016